View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #9
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

The tuning of the exhaust has already been done by BMW engineers my friend, i didn't create a new exhaust, i'm just showing you what worked for me.

the cat chambers are designed to have a certain resonation frequency with the cats installed, when emptying it, this will amplify rasp into rice level due to having a different resonation. when you put bent sheet metal and weld it, the are will be sturdier and the resonation frequency will be closer to when the cats are there.

I didn't understand your comment about a flat-crank, do you mean boxer engine? because a gallardo for example is a V10 with 90 degrees and the duality in the sound comes from intake and exhaust i suppose. Please explain.

The video is very very low quality as it was taken from an iphone, i assure you that the sound is no way near any honda with an exhaust. I've had expert porsche and ferrari mechanics drive my car and they have said that this sound is very addictive and up there with supercar quality. one of them also called it "traditional B-M-V exhaust note" (he's german so the W is a V)
Appreciate 0