View Single Post
      03-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #92
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Easy install following this thread's comments

I followed the instructions in this thread and got my V1 wired into the mirror harness in about half an hour.

Purple and White Cable for the win !

FYI the harness feeding my mirror [ 2006 premiere package] was split into a larger one [ presumably the standard wiring] and a smaller one [ presumably the premiere pkg cabling]. The Purple and White wire was in the smaller package.

I used the factory-supplied V1 power adapter and stuck into the far right side of the mirror housing. I grounded the adapter to one of the screws in the silver bracket bolted to the frame. Piece of cake, really. I HIGHLY recommend soldering your connectors when possible - the crimp connectors can work loose with time and vibration. I soldered the ground [spade] connector to the ground line of the adapter in advance. Since the power clamp connector can't easily be soldered, I used a touch of 5 minute epoxy on the wires before i clamped them. But I'm engineer, that's me.....

Also, the map light assembly just pops out from it's clip connectors. No screws used. I worked it loose with my fingernails from the windshield side - no tool marks.

There's a gap in the rear of the housing near the top of the mirror mount, that's the easiest place to fish the cable through.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread - shoulders of giants and all that.

Here's some pics of the harnesses and wiring.

Last edited by blender; 03-07-2009 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 0