View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #57
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432 View Post
It would be a good idea to confirm dimensions first though. They say it's a direct swap but that doesn't mean it's a direct swap with the VT2 intercooler and pullies in play. I'm confident it could be made to fit though. It couldn't be as far off as the C&R one.

Also, $1,000 would be reasonable if it fixes our issue, but not if it is no help. Perhaps we can get a list of people together who are interested, show it to Zionville and ask that they heavily discount one for you, so you can be the test case. You get a sizable discount, Zionville get an instant bulk order, and we get pre-order piece of mind (especially important for those of us importing from half a world away). It's win win win. Except for you if it has little or no impact of course.

One issue is, people are going to complain it's not 52mm. As long as it brings our temps down on hard tracking, I couldn't care less about it's capacity.

Anyway, gmd2003 if you are interested, ask Zion all your initial questions if you have any, and then if you like I can go about writing up a thread and negotiating something with Zion, possibly initiate a group buy but most importantly get the cost of that first unit as low as possible.

Or if you just wanna roll the dice on your own, keep us in the loop!

FYI, couple of threads on Z3 Zion rads (lots more threads floating around on non-Z's no doubt). Very little detail but they suggest Zionsville would be good people to deal with:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347794
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216832
I have spoken with several vendors and the Zionsville is the best option for direct fitment and they have avery good reputation. It is very interesting that the stock Z4M radiator is from the non M E46 , thus E46 M3 radiator upgrades are a total no go. Zionsville takes a custom aluminum core that is slightly larger than stock with better fin design and welds it to aluminum expansion tanks, also larger than stock(and not plastic) but is in the same vertical and horizontal dimensions. They say it has approximately 10% more cooling capacity than the stock radiator. My hope is by installing it, a fresh OEM water pump (I'm at 70k miles), BMW motorsport thermostat, and using pure distilled water/Mocool I can get to a stable 210 water temp on track.
I went ahead and ordered from them because I am a very impatient man, and want to do some track days without issues! I will be the guinea pig for everyone else
Appreciate 0