02-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #88
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
Just the absolute bare minimum from ProEFI for the Z4 (harness and ECU) is $4,200 retail, assuming you get an average wholesale price, expect 20% discount. If someone is so awesomely amazing and has a super model wife who gives Jason a BJ daily, you MIGHT get 40%. That's still $2,520, half of what you're going to make a whole kit for, and I can tell you right now you're not getting a 40% discount on the Z4M setup. They are spending about 10x the amount of time on this ECU and harness than they are on the M3 setup, aka not a discountable setup right now. So, this 5k turbo setup is going about as far as this thread, and that's nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@LutzPerformance View Post
I don't think your understanding him properly....

hes not trying to discourage anyone... just give you guys realistic information... yet people continue to ignore it and not be realistic

By all means good luck and we are here to help anyone who has questions or concerns!

we understand people have a need for "budget" builds and there is nothing wrong with them... We have ALOT of experience in the BMW F/I world from E30's to brand new 2012 M3's.... and we want to ensure that the community is informed properly so that no one makes unfortunate decisions that could cost them THOUSANDS!!!

And as far as PRO-EFI, if AFI advertises anything less than list, trust me there will be ALOT of pro-efi dealers that will be unhappy to see what was posted above, so if they want to even consider that, it shouldn't be advertised...

Please if anyone has any questions or just would like to bounce an idea that they are considering... even if its not for us to build... email us at anytime!!

Andrew:
Andrew@lutzperformance.com

Shawn
Shawn@lutzperformance.com

Here is an example of an immaculate E30 we are wrapping up now
Oh I think it was clear. Sort of like your pictures of your build in another persons thread 'clear',lol.

Cockblocking but informative at its finest.

But you are correct Andrew....if the tune isn't spot on-(with whomevers ecu is used).....thousands of dollars in damage can result.But I think we already got that one too.

Sort pointing a light where there was no darkness really.

Anyway.....hopefully something can come from the outcry for this kit. I've moved on anyway since my Z isn't an M and really doesn't apply to this build request.

I did go ahead and buy some catless AR Designs Stainless downpipes and a set of low mile OEM N54 turbos and manifolds.

If I get time to work with someone like AEM, MegaSquirt or whoever wants to try an S.I. N52 F.I. project...I can do the rest of the fab.
Appreciate 0