View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #87
Andrew@LutzPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 GT35R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Would it have saved some breathe by just saying 'Retail on the ProEFI harness & ECU alone is almost the budget for this build total ?'.

Obviously A4RIngedONE8T is as determined to discourage this low-buck project as he can.

Which is odd in that most of us on this forum have been complimentary on your build thread.

This is one of those builds where joy could be had if a $700.00 DIY'er ECU such as MegaSquirt would fit the bill. Oh wait.....they do ! That includes harness and sensors in most cases.
I don't think your understanding him properly....

hes not trying to discourage anyone... just give you guys realistic information... yet people continue to ignore it and not be realistic

By all means good luck and we are here to help anyone who has questions or concerns!

we understand people have a need for "budget" builds and there is nothing wrong with them... We have ALOT of experience in the BMW F/I world from E30's to brand new 2012 M3's.... and we want to ensure that the community is informed properly so that no one makes unfortunate decisions that could cost them THOUSANDS!!!

And as far as PRO-EFI, if AFI advertises anything less than list, trust me there will be ALOT of pro-efi dealers that will be unhappy to see what was posted above, so if they want to even consider that, it shouldn't be advertised...

Please if anyone has any questions or just would like to bounce an idea that they are considering... even if its not for us to build... email us at anytime!!

Andrew:
Andrew@lutzperformance.com

Shawn
Shawn@lutzperformance.com

Here is an example of an immaculate E30 we are wrapping up now

Appreciate 0