Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I wouldn't put RPIs on anything that is used outside the track. They're obnoxious, and your neighbors will hate you. Why put an exhaust on your car that's insanely loud on the outside, and drones so badly on the inside you'll want to kill yourself after a long drive? It seems like they trade sound quality for volume, so much so that owners have to put sound deadening material in their cars just to live with them. Personally, I think they sound like rice. However, if any exhaust adds horsepower, the RPI probably does.

Volume inside the cabin - mind-numbingly loud.

Volume outside the cabin - rude. It says, "f&%$ your ear drums, f$%# your peace and quiet, f&%$ noise pollution, and f&%$ you, I'm a race car and here I come... and I could be a Honda!" Cops will get to know your car very quickly.

Sound quality - terrible IMHO; nothing "exotic" about it. It seems like the louder the exhaust is, the worse the sound quality. If the RPI sounded like the Remus (only louder), then I would be more interested; it doesn't.

Power - probably adds a few horsepower. However, this is only a guess. RPI seem to take the approach of function over form- in this case, sacrificing sound quality and leaving volumes at borderline illegal levels to achieve a few hp gain over stock. So, if I were a betting man I'd say they did everything they could do to a muffler to increase the power. This is great on the track where a few horsepower translates to a better time, or even in a car that's driven in unpopulated areas on the weekends. For a daily driver with an owner that has neighbors, the volume doesn't make up for obnoxiousness. You WILL be thought of as a cock, no doubt about it.

I had a neighbor with a Z06 and extremely loud exhaust. I didn't know the guy for the first few months I lived there, but I hated him. I could hear the car coming from blocks away. With my crazy work schedule I had to sleep when I could (even if it was for 30 minutes during the work day). That car ALWAYS woke me up, whether it was coming or going. One day someone bashed it with a bat, and I can't say I was the least bit upset. Then, I met the guy and it turned out he was very nice. Even though he was a great guy, people hated him to the point of vandalizing his car, simply because of his dickheaded exhaust.

If you don't drive your car every day, perhaps your neighbors can tolerate it every once in a while on the weekends. You will be hated if you put those cans on a daily driver.
Appreciate 0