View Single Post
      04-01-2015, 03:31 AM   #39
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Nearly every and i mean upwards of 95% of the women i know who were working prior to being pregnant, in a career mind you, took their PAID maternity leave, and at the end of the term, when their employers were expecting them to return, decided to quit. As an employer, i can tell you that experience makes you want to start finding a replacement as soon as you know the employee is pregnant. lucky for me, only 1 of the 3 women who worked for me when becoming pregnant has done this. But i know many many women who have done this and many many employers who have experienced this.

I'm not saying i disagree with you, but the door swings both ways. It really sucks to hire someone, invest in them, train them, educate them, only to have them quit after you paid them to be absent for 3 months after they had a baby.
My wife falls under this statistic as she quit right when her maternity leave stopped. Her manager wasn't too pleased. But hey, we don't feel bad about it at all. She's put in about 6 maybe 7 years at this employer. So she's more than contributed her fair share to the company and in some ways more than her fair share. We talked about this prior to her going on maternity leave. She got to the point she hated her job due to various things her manager was doing to her which just soured her view of her job position. Even though she hated her job, she still performed at a high level as evidenced by one of her coworkers sniffing out this possible scenario of her quiting. On her last day before going on maternity leave, he got on his knees begging her to come back after her maternity leave was up.
Appreciate 0