View Single Post
      05-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
DrVolkl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 6spd/ '13 X5M

Greetings... and questions..

So I've finalized a deal on a 2007 Z4 M Coupe down in California. I have purchased my one way plane ticket, getting everything lined up etc and will be driving her back to Seattle at the end of the month. I've very excited!

This will be my first BMW... I've owned dozens of other cars, pretty much every make out there save a few, so I'm really green to this car.

My first and biggest question is where do I find the cool aftermarket stuff for this car? I've been all over this website and I'm not seeing much... I see the aero side skirts are hot right now, and I'll probably do that (once I get the car) but much beyond that there doesn't seem to be much out there. Suspension and what not I can find on my own... I see a few intakes and headers (not sure if I'll do that) not really much more ground effects but I guess I should expect that from such a low volume car. (main reason I'm getting it, plus the Z4 coupe reminds me of my recently deceased Dad's E-Type, profile wise). I'm not even sure where to get this "Mstache" lip I see is very popular. I imagine I'll figure this out with time but a little jump start will help.

2nd... well, I guess there is no 2nd. I'm going to mod this car a bit like I've done to all my cars and just enjoy the heck out of it... guess I just wanted to say hello! I currently have a 2013 Cayenne GTS as my daily, traded my '07 997 Turbo in on it for the kids, but I can't live without a manual car.

Funny thing is... I've never even driven one... and I'm going to fly down there and drive this thing back simply because it's really caught my attention. Just a wonderful looking vehicle that I think will only continue to age well. I've been reading up on them for a month or two and found the car I wanted on the Z4 classifieds page. There really isn't anything near Seattle... I think 2 M Coupes (one in Portland and one is salvage title). This is going to be fun.

Here's a short list of previous cars : 2 997 Turbos (One cab, one coupe) 3 S4's (2 were B6 V8's, one B8 sc'd 6, one avant, etc ) 2 Acura NSX's ('91 and '03) Mini Cooper S, CTS-V Wagon, 350Z (and a dozen other non noteworthy or forgotten vehicles)... all those cars were manual... and I'm hoping the Z4 transmission lives up to the hype I've seen here. Really looking forward to it! I plan on keeping this car, I actually think it's a collector, but I'm also going to drive the heck out of it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0