04-10-2023, 03:57 PM   #231
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post
Thanks, Michael.

I'm not totally sure why the elbow slips off the Karbonius version. Perhaps the angle of the inlet isn't quite right? It was prototyped on an E46 which uses a different rubber elbow, so it could be something like that I suppose.

In your experience with CF, would it be feasible to add a little raised lip on the outer edge of the inlet so that the hose clamp has something to hold against? Maybe you could use some kind of resin to build up the lip?

Thanks for your advice - if I can't find a permanent solution I think I'll take the plenum off, which would be a shame.
Molding a raised lip at this point would be difficult. I took a look at the comments on the Karbonius thread. If I understand correctly, the diameter of the oval opening is not too small. Are you using the rubber band type gasket with the plastic elbow? Has anyone tried using a silicone elbow like the one I am using? They have a lot of grip and may solve your issue. It requires the use of an E46 brake shutoff valve to change the routing from the elbow. That's what I did. I actually bought a CSL version that routes the line to the top of the plenum.
Appreciate 0