View Single Post
      06-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #76
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post
I wouldn't expect to gain any significant HP in this car based on what I've read, I just disagree with the assertion that you would lose HP by removing the mufflers. Thats one of those long standing old-wives tales that just bothers me.

The reason I'm interested in an exhaust is purely for the sound. I appreciate the vendors dedication to the quality of his product I just find it a little frustrating when some vendors (and I'm not saying this one) justify ridiculous pricing based on R&D of simple systems such as muffler cans.
There was no gain. Only a loss. I simply post what I see on the dyno. People can take it any way they want to. As for r&D, we do a lot of it and its going to reflect on the price. If its not going to sell, we wont waste time testing and making several prototypes only to sell something at a loss. If people complain about the price, we just dont make it. Laidback knows and have seen how much time and $ we have spent already on this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidback View Post
What i ask you is if your going to post it or if you want me to post it...people might get the wrong idea that i want the loss of power a secret (i don't think so) FYI guys I'm not going to put my name on any product that does not work period...
Appreciate 0