View Single Post
      05-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
Zeta Macchina
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0i roadster

Stock 18x8.5" ET50 on all four corners

I have the opportunity to pick up 4 stock wheels in great shape. But all four are the standard 18"x8.5" ET50 that are found on the rear of the Z4 3.0 with sport suspension. Will the wider wheels be an issue if used on the front? As I understand wheel fitment, these are 12 mm wider and the offset is 3 mm more than the standard front wheel. So the outside edge will be closer to the fender by only 3 mm, but the inside edge will be closer to the liner and/or strut by 9 mm.

Anyway I will have to decide on the purchase before I can get home (away on travel for a little bit). Otherwise I would put the existing rear wheels up front and see if there is an issue.

The follow on question will be whether I can go to a square 255/35/18 tire set up (i.e. the rear tire size) on all four corners as well. From what I have been able to gather from other threads the offset will be too large, and a tire that size may just not fit up front. At least I'll be able to run experiments using the rear tires before I have to decide on tire size.

Definitely have to commit on the wheel size before that however.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0