03-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #80
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c-
hey guys! sorry as I've been so busy I had to stop the process of making the conversion, also money was tight as im going through this one on my own dime.

we were in-fact working on taking the ECU from an SI and mapping code over to my "I" and we were making traction, last dyno I pulled I had an increase of over 25 lbs of torque getting very close to the SI torque spec I had shot for, now its very possible having the M exhaust on my car had effected back pressure and could have hurt my torque level.

the car has been running on the modified "I" to "SI" map for almost a year now with 0 issues and also passed my emissions test.

so its actually very possible.

the way we are making it happen is basically taking the SI ecu and erasing the vin code and replacing it with our vin code much like an engine swap.

the car feels sooooooo much stronger now but further testing is needed.

once I get some time I will start it up again this summer.

the manual cars will have no issue the biggest issue is with the trans of the automatics, their is a slight difference is code for the TCM and that's kind of where we stopped. once we splice that we will be pretty good shape.

sorry not a business man just an enthusiast!
Nice work!
Appreciate 0