View Single Post
      12-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #20
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

I can't say that I've had the experience of those older vehicles and the ones I've driven have mostly been modern new age vehicles. I'm still a little wet behind the ears.

I really appreciate your input here, unfortunately my flywheel did not fair as well as yours had with the first owner. They did alright on the maintenance but you could tell that a lot of the clutch behavior was similar to an inexperienced driver for the most part. There are some pretty decent hot spots and they aren't of any specific pattern which has lead me to the decision of purchasing both the light weight flywheel and the clutch assembly. The pads still have some life left in them, but the rest of the system may go before they would, no guarantees but it wouldn't sound as pretty having not replaced the whole thing at this point.

I sincerely appreciate your input here, I was curious to see if not replacing the flywheel was causing a lot of others noises when replacing these clutches but it seems that's not always the case. Thanks again for coming back and sharing this, I've still got some time and some products to mull over.
Appreciate 0