View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #70
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
if you're going to correct me, do it with the understanding as to why there's a need to do so. who cares if it's single or twin? it doesn't matter -- the point is you're comparing n/a vs forced induction.

same size tires front and rear imply a square setup but you would need matching sized wheels. so if you're keeping the oem staggered wheel fitment, 8" front 8.5" rears, then there is no reason to increase the front width or decrease the rear width. however if you had a square setup, (ideally by getting wider front wheels and tires), then you'll have a more neutral setup with less understeer. this is how the e36 m3 used to come before they switched to staggered, probably because too many people were experiencing the tail end coming out. this is ideal for track. but since you're NOT tracking and you've stated that mods such as brakes are for looks, then keep staggered. staggered typically looks better since you have the aggressive rear stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
The Dinan are the ones I read about.
which wouldn't apply to you since those were only issues specific to M cars. furthermore, the issues they experienced was due to installer error as per my earlier post. it's a reflection of Dinan and Dinan only, not the Z4 or other reputable diff rebuilders.