02-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
You're correct. You can run all day error-free with no tune. However, why not optimize your mods? That's the no-brainier approach IMO anyways.
I just imported my car (made it Canadian), and had to revert to my stock tune for coding purposes. I was left unimpressed and will be changing back to my 94oct tune ASAP. The difference is day/night. G/L with your decision.
I am not debating the benefit of the tune (may add it) but more that I think it is worth the trouble to put the O2's after the cats & be 100% emission compliant regardless of the test, without check engine lights & needing a tune to get rid of the light. I prefer to be capable of passing emissions testing regardless of where I live & be able to sell it without going back to stock or telling the new owner that it may not pass emissions tests & that it has a tune that needs to remain or he will get a check engine light.

I also hope that when I buy my next car that if the current owner has made changes to it like this (possible non compliant emissions, with tune) that they tell me. When I see the "not CARB compliant" car ads I am less interested.