Shota15
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about. I want my engine to look like yours. So what do you cover prior to hitting it with the Simple Green?
I do this prior to washing the exterior and the engine is cold, I spray the exterior of the car with water first. Open the hood and then spray the engine compartment with simple green (I use full strength not diluted) You can use a small brush to clean any hard to reach areas if needed. Then I start the car and rinse the engine compartment and exterior with the hose and turn engine off when done rinsing. Then I wash the rest of the car with Meguiar's Shampoo & Conditioner. I dry the car and engine compartment with a blower and finish drying with a chamois or soft towel. I let it set for a while prior the applying the engine bay dressing.

I spray the exterior with water first in case I get any simple green on the paint and windshield as this will dilute it and not cause it to stain. I also run the engine while rinsing in case the car starts to skip or stall, I stop putting water on it. (I have never had any problems with this on any newer cars it is just a habit now)
Appreciate 0