View Single Post
      07-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

I went through the same decision process last year, (race or sport...sport or race). After reading about other guys complaining of drone from other loud mufflers I was apprehensive about the race model. I'm not scared of loud exhausts (my motorcycle is crazy loud) but drone in my M? No thanks.

So I ordered sport and I'm really happy with them! At idle a much deeper hum is emitted which IMO suits a car like this.
At 2k rpm to 4k rpm, again, it sounds deeper than stock and has a kind of throaty growl which I find quite addictive. Above 4k I think it sounds pretty similar to stock but it's down low where these mufflers shine and fatten up the note. They are probably only 15% maybe 20% louder than stock but the point is it just sounds better - the pops on deceleration come through clearer. You can still drive stealthily with these by keeping throttle openings small and enjoy it drone free.

Things I like:
Well made
Awesome looks with 83mm tips
Low end sound fatness
No drone

Things I don't like:
Weight (about the same as stock...which is heavy)
Price

I should point out that I've never heard the Remus, or any other exhaust for the Z4M.
Also, I would imagine that guys with RPIs would describe this exhaust as 'very quiet'.
Appreciate 0