07-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Adjustable End Link Recommendations and Suspension Ramblings

ENDLINKS:

As I'm just starting to dive into ownership of the Z4M I bought in May, I'm finding stuff that the PO did that bothers me. When I bought her, she was running lowered on BC Racing coilovers and through my poking around I've noticed the end links look to be the stock pieces. They look fine but as the car is lowered, I believe that the setup will be incorrect. I can likely get away with it as I'm mainly a back-roads driver, but it will bug me as it's not "correct". Plus I'm still trying to sort out this suspension as it doesn't "feel" right to me. My past experiences have noted that BEFORE I go spend money at the alignment shop, make sure all the necessary adjustment hardware is in hand for your setup. Right now she's on BC Racing Type BR coilovers with camber plates (I haven't looked to see which ones yet). And that's it. I think everything else is stock (sway bars, end links, bushing etc.).

So any recommendations for good end links? I know there are a lot of manufacturers out there with them making claims but just curious what everyone is running and what your experience has been.

RAMBLINGS

Anyone here done their own camber measurements? We use to do it with the 2x4 across the engine, a set of weighted strings and a pencil/paper/calculator. Pretty old school. What about castor measurements DIY?? Just curious for your hint/tricks/tips/war stories in this area.

On another note, I understand BC Racing coilovers are apparently pretty entry level tech. I haven't noted anyone else running them here on this forum or any mention of them in any of the threads when I ran a search. Anything I should know about them ?!??!?!?

On the Z4M, is the suspension similar in arrangement to the E36 M3 parts and configuration wise?? I guess where I may be going with this is IF I consider selling off this BC Racing setup, is there a wider market I should recognize ??

Last edited by tominizer; 07-28-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0