05-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Remus sport really isn't that much louder than stock except under load at higher RPMs. It's a good-sounding mild no drone exhaust. It's also eliminates the "hang" of the stock mufflers and the tips and cans look much better. But don't expect loud--that is not characteristic of this exhaust. I had, and sold, mine a few years back.

Is it possible the connectors were tightened too much on one side leaving a leak? It's possible to do that. The connector ends should not touch and should have a pretty even gap. And "super tight" isn't required. There should not be a quiet or vacuum sound. That sounds like a leak.
If anything, an exhaust leak from the flange would make things louder, wouldn't it? Something like this thread -> http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...muffler+delete

OP - Like Finnegan said, the Remus is one of the more docile systems on the market. I can't picture a defect in an exhaust causing it to be quieter (if anything, when I think of problem with an exhaust, I think of too loud). You could always consider replacing other exhaust components to free up the flow a bit and add more dB. Otherwise, I think your best bet is most likely selling the Remus setup and purchasing something known to be a bit louder. Check this section for the exhaust guide, it's got all the systems in there with a quick review.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0