View Single Post
      05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

hah -- honestly I can't remember where I sourced all my plugs from because I sat on them waiting to do the oil changes or gearbox/diff changes. Finally have both the E85 and E46 with all plugs replaced. I know I did buy all that BavAuto had, and found (I think) the rear diff plug from BMP, or Bimmian.

But this you may find interesting... prior to installing the magnetic gearbox plug...
After last winter I noticed a drip under the drain plug of my 330i's gearbox drain plug. I had it tightened at my indy shop late last summer for the same thing. It was doing it again (!) after this winter.
So clearly the seasonal cold/heat expansion is a factor.
Thing is, these OEM plugs are really one time (lifetime fill) use, only. And it is true brother. My initial change-out for Redline MTL retained that original plug, and there was no tightening it to stop that slow drip. Two winters and same symptom as the garage warmed up.

All these magnetic plugs are tight and dry. The neo magnets are probably overkill (overkill, my middle name) since I do not drag out fluid change intervals. But I like bolt-on/bolt-in mods that are easy.
Hope this helps someone considering them.
Appreciate 0