View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #1392
yarosus
Yaro
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys and ladies.

Previously I owned only Japanese cars and now time for German style.

I've been for long time lurker and looking for perfect car spent around 2 years for test driving bunch of cars: g35, g37, e92 328i, e92 335i, e46 m3, 996 and finally picked up the most fun one the jet black 2006 z4 3.0si with 45k miles.

I bought it from one of the forum members in California and bring it back to sunny Seattle

Here is pic from the trip.

Overall I am very happy with the car and the toy is a lot a lot of fun

Next steps:
1. Detail the car. Whole car has swirls all around... Ah black color, but I always want it
Ordered bunch of detailing stuff and DA polisher. Method: 2 bucket wash, clay, polish, wax, seal. Clean the top and seal it. Restore headlight.

2. Ordered US-Spec ipod interface. Hope it will work, spent yesterday 30 minutes to find cd changer cables.. no luck.. they hidden far way probably.

3. Ordered cubby antenna, somebody stole original one.

4. Ordered led license plate lights from e92.

5. I wish there were easy way to blackout housing of headlights and change halos easily... But I am looking at least to change color of halos. Any suggestions??? if yes, please pm me.

6. Change roundels for black and white or maybe black and white carbon look.

7. Tint front and back side markers.

8. Tint the car.

9. Not sure if I would like to smoke taillights, but I am considering to do so.

10. Add radar detector and laser blocker and fit it with stock look

11. Get the windscreen deflector

12. Change audio system. I am big fun of sq and even the car came with premium sound package...it's sound..mmm... ok...
I am planning to keep stock look and add one of processors from jl, jbl or alpine.
If anyone did something similar before in their z4, pm me please.

Last edited by yarosus; 04-12-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0