View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #84
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Thank you.

Labor would be the big hurt on a job like this but taking everything apart is the only way to get as close to a factory look as possible without overspray on everthing when doing a color change. Easily 80-100 hrs for a full time body shop familiar with BMW. Not hard to get $8-$10k or more into a custom paint job.

I did about the bare minimum for a nice color change. Could have gone way deeper into a complete disassembly of the entire car like you do on a restoration but I don't want to be working on the car for 6 months to a year.

I'll get her polished and finished up and detailed nice this spring. I'm a little preoccupied with some other stuff right now. With the gun nuts gone mad again, I sold my AR15 and accessories to a gun store just before Christmas at basicly full retail for a new tricked out rifle . I walked in, plopped it on the counter and said I want $$$XXXX.00 for this rifle and they didn't argue. Did a functions test, said he normally couldn't pay that much but could probably sell it by the end of the day and opened up the cash register Cha-Ching I was in the store again thursday... It's gone.

I got a pretty good deal on a nice used Springield XD40 with an extra mag. At least I can still find plenty of .40 S&W ammo to plink at the range around here. I traded my remaining .223 for .40 with my neighbor. Picking her up tomorrow and getting in some range time and a class this week.

Appreciate 0