12-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #34
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Back on topic to the OP (Simpleman).

From my experience, there is no 'perfect wax'. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Some have great longevity but lack the ‘shine’ or ‘pop’. Some are just the opposite. Some look great on dark colors and just ‘ho hum’ on lighter colors. It really comes down to what you want to do, how much time you are willing to invest and how much money you want to spend.

I find detailing my cars therapeutic. Sorta ‘me’ time. Bonding with myself, since I do not have to think about anything while I am working on the cars. I can’t wait for the comebacks on that statement….

On all the cars, after prepping,,,, I seal the car with Wolfgane DGPS 3.0. This stuff lasts a long time and looks great. The Wolfgane needs a minimum of eight hours to cure in the garage. Then, on the ///M, I apply DodoJuice Diamond White Hard wax. I find that this stuff really makes a white car ‘POP’.

On the Roadster, after applying the DGPS, I apply Pinnacle Sovereign or Pinnacle Signature Series II wax. I have used Wolfgane Fuzion but it is too expensive for my tastes…..

I reapply the DodoJuice and Pinnacle almost monthly. Every six months, I strip everything off the car and reapply the sealer and wax, normally in the fall and in the spring.

In the fall, I change wax’s. In the fall, I switch both cars to Collinite 845. With Collinite, I am not looking for the best shine, but the best protection. This stuff rocks…

Autogeek is where I buy most of my products. Always check their BOGO (Buy One, Get One free) section…

I will not avocate any brand over any other. YOU must do your own research and make up your own mind. We here, do not know what your goals are, we can only suspect....

But think of it this way. After doing all this research and with knowledge you acquire, you decide to take your car to have it ‘Professionally Detailed’, you will know if the guys are trying to shine you on and take you for a ride with inferior products…. Knowledge is power. I am not saying that will happen, but there are always a$$holes out there.
Appreciate 0