View Single Post
      05-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
CobraR1339
Private
Rep
Drives: M Coupe SG

Thanks for the insights.

I have used a rotary style many times, I thought maybe Makita had found a new trick. I used to color sand quite a few muscle cars after the paint was done. Never really trusted anyone else with it. I have a guy I have been using for 20 years to do the final finish after the sand. But we always knew how much paint or clear was on the cars. He also found a unique rotary about the size of a dental drill with pad sizes of 1"-3". I used that to buff the tight areas the big buffer could never reach.

He had me play with the big rotary on one of the race cars that was not all that special. The thing would fling the compound all over the place until you got the hang of it. I borrowed it a couple times for different projects. He actually bought me the PC for Xmas as he said I was too dangerous with his buffer. If I screwed it up with the rotary he said he could not fix it. But if I couldn't get it right with the PC that he could.

So my routine with any car new to me or one that sits outside is.

Dawn wash to strip the wax
Clay the car 2X per upper surfaces

Zaino PC fusion with the PC to clean up light scratches. Takes awhile, but at least the Zaino smells good. . If it still sucks call Dean.

3-4 coats of Zaino Z5 , spritz in- between with Z6
a Final wipe with Grand Finale Z7
It's like glass.. and so slick a fly will break his neck if he trys to land in it.

He has all kinds of magic formulas I have tried. They all work great and got me several best paint awards. Then he gave me some Zaino saying he did not like it that much. I agree his recipe on a laquer or Pure Black with Clear is deeper than Zaino. But for all other metallic colors I like it. Some Pure Reds also come out better with his recipe. I don't know why. Something about glow vs. reflection comes to mind. He does agree the Zaino looks brilliant on most other colors, Whites, Silvers, Medium blues, Coppers, Metallic Blacks, etc.
Appreciate 0