View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #951
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
These are good concerns, without giving away any trade secrets I will try to answer your questions

The mufflers we are using are built specifically for us based on our specifications for performance and sound. We also wanted to show our first customers we are using quality products on our system. We have spent a lot of time on the research in how all all of our components work together to produce a high quality system for a reasonable price.

The ceramic is a necessary component to the mufflers. The coating on the mufflers do not only add protection and add esthetics but play an intricate part on the system. Each part of the system works hand and hand with each other to achieve the goals set initially.

The tips are the last part of our system that shapes the sound. The tips are specially designed to enhance the sound so the end result is truly the sound you desire. Our tips are hand built and designed for equal flow To most of you the way the tips look can either make or break the system. we considered all the input from the forum and tried to design Great looking tips but also functional. All options were considered tip diameter, length, and material, You might say we built the tips to your specs.

Our system is connected with racing clamps and flanges which eliminate turbulence for maximum performance. For those of you Do It Yourself you are going to really appreciate this aspect of the system when it comes to installing or replacing components, this will quickly become an invaluable component to you. For those of you who take it to the shop to be installed (nothing wrong with that) you will be able to say your system uses race technology.

We have searched for a way to get seamless quality welds on our system. We feel our welds provide the maximum strength you can achieve. Our welds not only add esthetics to the system but play another intricate part Since the welds are so smooth they (along with other factors) reduce the horsepower robbing exhaust turbulence

We put an incredibly amount of engineering and research into all components Especially the mufflers the mufflers were made to complement the entire DKF system. We spent hours of time, numerous calculations and program simulators to produce the best system.

I guess to sum it up we have strived to bring our customers the best exhaust system based on racing technology to our customers for the best price possible.

I hope the information we have provided has given some insight to the questions purposed as well as answered them sufficiently

Respectfully
I am glad you guys took the time to outline these points for the post. Many of the items you mention above are what set the system apart from others in my opinion. This is why I am still on board. you guys have built something very cool

I feel bad that my car is down, the timing could not be worse for your project . Even though it's not my doing I appologize and will do what I can to get the car back on-line ASAP. Until then I will update with videos and photos of final fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
DKF im happy to help with dyno testing on a euro car with ess vt2-500...... pm me if theirs anything i can do to help the community/you with this....

i wanted the s pipe/ Race cats/ X-pipe/Sport mufflers and Hangers... id love to get this on the car, do some before and After dyno tests and also document fitment and tune issues with the Ess Vt2-500 setup..... i think the setup probably stands to make the most HP gain on my setup :-) Again if can help drop me a line......

my car has just come out of winter hibernation now :-)
Byron,
DKF designed this system with F/I in mind. I think you are right, your car would be a perfect fit for testing. I wish we were neighbors. I would have you come to my garage and help you install the system today so we could finally see some F/I numbers.

Your car has just come out of hibernation, while my just sits in the garage hiding from perfectly good weather
Take a good long extra drive for me man, I sure wish I could