View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #58
kalare
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
great i'm up late researching brakes again.

before i pull the trigger on oem stuff maybe someone can help clear some things up and possibly convince me to join the group buy.

if RB does the rear rotors... will there be a supply for the future in the event we need to replace the rings?

i'm kind of intrigued by the pu upgrade path. might be something to think about since you qualify for the discounted price if bought within a year. for the bbk it seems you have to buy it all up front to justify the cost...else you'd just be buying oem sized stuff first and replacing the rings with larger ones soon after.

i read through the rb forum and could have missed it, but no mention of pricing on rears?

here's a real nub/dumb question:

when you go from oe size to bbk, apart from discs and adapters, brake pad size changes too right?

cliffs: i'm interested in front and rear and have 5 days to decide if i want in or not.
If you go into the RB forum GB for BMW, there's a thread for base model M3. These are the same size rotors as the MZ4 and ZCP rear rotors. They are priced at around 690 with the 20% discount, so I would expect the pricing should stay similar. RB did not want to release exact pricing info as the GB was originally for only front rotors and they have very nicely extended it to so many other options. The pricing will be released when the rear rotors become available, probably within 4-6 wks.

The rear rotors require special pads as the hardware to attach the rings gets in the way of the OEM pad. This is the same as PFC rear rotors for the E46 M3.

I would not worry about rear rotor ring replacement, like TheHack says, seems to be a common size.

If you're going BBK, then of course brake pad sizes change as the calipers change as well.

@ RobMCoupe: Just ziptie your sensors up and out of the way if you chose to get the BBK, this is what most people do.

Everyone that signed up, please place your orders!
Appreciate 0