View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
kklin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
So im curious what the best class is in auto x to be competitive? Im doing it for fun but im too competitive to not compare.

Mod list: rpi scoop/drop in filter, RPI axle back, euro headers. Thats it for important mods.

Right now im running BSP, im getting owned by modded s2000s and BS is even worse, nothing but s2000cr's on Hoosiers.

Im new to the sport and am having a hard time understanding the classes.
First thing to do is to read the rules. Like all sports, autocross has rules and ignorance is not an excuse. You might not understand them (I always confer with national drivers), but it is very important to read them - http://www.scca.com/downloads/#solo.

"That's it for important mods" - All mods are important. If it isn't stated as being allowed in your class, you can't legally belong to the class even if you think it offers no advantage. For instance, CDV delete is something many on this forum mentions as a "must". I have not checked what class permits that modification (let me know the section if anyone researches this). At your regional level, other drivers might not mind whatever mods you have, but it's probably best to be open and ask if your mod is okay with them.

As Trev said, see if your region has a local (non-national) street/road tire class for BSP. That is what I am running in the SCCA Philadelphia region.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0