View Single Post
      11-23-2022, 09:52 AM   #14
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Really agree with this... trying diagnosis handling on worn tires will make you chase your tail.

What diff are you running?

Also assuming your rear subframe is solidly mounted and rear trailing are bushing are new? Both solidly mounting the rear subframe and spherical rear trailing arm bushings made a noticeable difference in rear grip for me. I also went for the rear subframe bushings that pull the subframe up in the car a couple mil to try and correct suspension geometry for lowered cars. Not sure if the geometry correction makes much difference but the Z4 GT3 did move the subframe up a bunch so i guess it cant hurt.
This issue did become more apparent after going for new RRs in the front, so I don't disagree with the statement. It will be the first thing I do next season.

Rear subframe is mounted with OEM bushings to chassis. I am on all sphericals for trailing arm lower and upper arm, including RCAB, all new since 5 years ago (no more than 2000 miles since?...). Interesting on moving the subframe up, any more detail on those bushings? I would suspect a few mil (must not be more than 5mm ?) isn't going to do much.

Also, I'm on the 3.0si diff 3.64 Auto (188k ring) with a Quaife in it.