View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #1196
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig
I have a hard time believing that an upgraded pump would flow less than stock pump at the same power level. I'm only pushing 7psi or so
It only flows better than stock at 80psi if it's getting enough power . Centrifugal pumps take a ton of juice apparently a stock system only provides 1/4-1/2 at best . The recommended Aeromotive wiring harness is a 30amp switch !!! Running them under power can make them fail early as well , which is why I was ok until recently . If ESS , AA, and VF say the regular pump is ok then I'm going back to it . Remember I was chasing the wrong pulley situation when I replaced mine . ( should have just changed my filter ) my two cents . Between my flywheel / clutch "upgrade " and this my new moto is if it ain't broke don't fix it lol . The problem of only improving one point of a stock system is the rest doesn't work together well . If you put in a lower bar fuel pressure gauge to make an aftermarket pump happy then you have to adjust the tune . It's a slippery slope .
My two cents
George
Appreciate 0