12-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #14
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan-d-man View Post
It appears that the market has really slowed. There are 116 of the Z4MCs that come up on autotrader.com for the US. I have one on order but have noticed that many are losing +$10k with just a few miles on it. I am all about resale value and rotating stock. With this kind of drop, I may think again. It is difficult to judge the resale market, but it is not looking strong. I am fairly new to watching BMW trends. Any input would be appreciated. Maybe I will wait and pick one up in a few months with under 2k miles for $10k off?
Yea you are absolutly correct, and its sad in a way that BMW the brand that was so well known for producing cars that held their resale values extremly well, now has one of their M cars with such dropping value. But at this point, what is done is done, and I think with a car like the ZMC you have to go with your heart and just get the car if you like it and are happy with it, rather then consider how much you will get when you sell it. I know that doensn't make much sense at all, but car lust never does.