View Single Post
      08-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #914
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

The good: Secondary cats are gone, and the car STILL sounds like a stock exhaust at idle, and partial throttle. The whole section one is now built out of 2.5" stainless piping. Don't know what resonator was put on, but it looks and sounds stock which is the intent of the build.

The bad: Unfortunately, the magnaflow 10445 were too long to fit comfortably. The 1/8th thread egt bung I bought should have been male, not female, and also I think the car uses 11x1.5mm thread pitch. We took the old one off the stock cats. Also, couldn't remove one of the rear sensors, ripped it out of the cat and it still wouldn't come off, so I need a new sensor (monday). The stock section one's flanges were cut off and re-used, so I think my hacked up OEM piece is not going to pay for my new tune . Car smells funny when standing still.

I think my recently replaced belt tensioner is too weak, and causing significant belt slip. I will contact Tischer and see if I have a parts warranty.

No full throttle runs until I get my new sensor in on Monday. Ironically, the car sounds much better with the exhaust cutouts still in there at partial throttle, but I still want to block them off on Monday until I find a buyer. Overall, the most important thing for me with this mod was power, no drone, and to retain a quiet exhaust, so even with all the "bad" I'm still very happy with this mod.
Attached Images