View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

The M3 forum organizer is recommending the road version for most people. The competition version is for track only cars (it probably will increase NVH). The street version is supposed to have NO increase in NVH.

Here is a quote from the first post of the M3 Forum thread:

"Ok guys, just finished installing these engine mounts, and completed a test drive...and survey says: I can honestly say that I have ZERO perceived increase in NVH + the drivetrain feels more direct/connected...especially between shifts! I actually just swapped mounts out about 1yr. ago, and I can still feel a difference, sooo, I would imagine if you had older/worn out motor mounts that the effects would be even greater! I would highly recommend these if you're looking for new mounts, but want something that's a step up from stock. It's not often that a product performs as advertised, but these really do!

The engine mounts came well packaged and installation was a breeze. Installation was the same as installing factory mounts, and installed height seemed similar as well...exhaust clearance is the same as before. I'll continue to drive w/these mounts and update if they're any changes."

You can see some pics of the packaging and installation pics from the first post also.
Appreciate 0