Thread: APEX Arc 8?
View Single Post
      06-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #73
GothM
Oversteer Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe, Black Sapphire

So I drove the M for about 6 hrs the last couple days city, highway and lots of curvy mountain passes on my new 9" 245/40, 10" 275/35 set up and in a nutshell my thoughts are the following:

The Con - They track on every rut in the road pretty severely. There is no relaxing or spacing off while driving the car at speed. If you are passing near the triple digits you better have your hands on the wheel if you are on a less than perfect road. This is magnified when breaking hard. The front tires like to hunt for the path of least resistance. It is not an ideal road set up IMHO unless you live where the roads are perfect, you want your spouse to wreck your car when they borrow it, or you want to stay awake while driving.

The Pro - So much grip that you could loan some out the the cars you are passing and have plenty to spare. I drive on the high end of the aggressive scale on the street and I just do not feel like I can drive this thing fast enough to really explore the limits on the street and keep my moral sensibilities in tact. I have a track day scheduled in August so I will be curious to see what she does at the limits.

Other: The steering feels a little heavier however turn in remains quick. It kind of has an 80s 911 feel to it in my opinion. I do miss being able to drive it tail out at will which was made much easier at sane speeds with the stock set up. After I burn through this set up I will probably down size on the width 234/265 which will save me a little unsprung weight and still be plenty of tire with the current power output for street duty. That will cut down a bit on the tracking I hope.

Last edited by GothM; 06-23-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0