View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 12:21 PM   #6
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwig View Post
The problem I’m having is making it unreliable lol. I’ve had it to almost a dozen different shops and none of them have any idea what’s wrong, other than the engine just doesn’t run in cold weather
Have you done a cold cylinder pressure check? Just curious. I'm betting it's something electrical, that'd be my guess. I always tell everyone to replace your MAF connector, not the MAF itself but the actual male plug. Also never use an aftermarket MAF sensor. My car drove me nuts with codes, poor cold starts and idle (to the point you couldn't trust it) and hesitation. Saw someone on the UK forum complaining about the same thing and said it was the plug. After 2 years of my struggles I tried it ($25 kit from ECS Tuning) and my problem has been fixed for over a year. No one was able to figure my issue out either. Worth a shot if you haven't done it. It basically just shows up as erratic behavior on any diag computer so techs can't figure it out and also the cars computer can't figure out what's going on either.
Appreciate 0