07-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
BMWAgee
BMWAgee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0Si Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
We have to remember. ...that the Supercharger gets its motivation from added belts and added crank tension/drag.....whereas the turbo system gets its motivation from the exhaust flow via its turbo header/manifold.

THATS the big difference in components really.

Both systems require a boost compressor,Intercooler & piping,Blow-off valve for the cold side.

The benefit to a turbo system is having the added wastegate control for the hot side.....allowing boost to be controlled to a much higher amount than the static ceiling of the SC system.

The engine and ECU simply then need to see control points via the Manifold Air Pressure sensor and fuel needs its increase monitoring via maxed injectors or uprated versions.

A more serious track car pushing its limits would need a Wide BAnd Sensor to better manage Air and fuel.

I spoke with Roman about thinking of what they could do for the S.I. programming....he said he'd look into it.
Thanks for the FI lesson (I'm definately a novice at all of this!) Glad to have another serious person looking into it..! Roman is the ESS guy, right?