View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #200
A4RingedONE8T
Private
Rep
Drives: Turbo ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
omg.... i dont who trevor is but..... brother got money yo.....

those drive-shafts.... WOW!!!!! Pure beauty!! would love a set of these for my car, but with my low Tq blower setup not really needed!!

i wish pro-efi would hurry up their manufacturing process..... they are way to slow and imo its starting to become "known" fabulous product but they need to iron out their issues......

now that clutch/driveshaft setup..... more info please....
The DSS axles are similar to the ones they are now making for the E46 M3, just for the Z4M. Not sure if they are exactly the same or not honestly. We sent the stock Z4 axles to DSS, and these beauties were returned

Clutch was custom built for us by Southbend. Similar materials in the disc as the HPF clutches, this particular one most closely resembles the stage 3 variant they offer. Obviously from looking at it, it's not the same as an HPF clutch, it has a few additions. Flywheel also made by Southbend, made from billet steel. After much discussion we opted for a single mass flywheel with a 20% weight reduction over the stock DM flywheel. Stock FW weights 24.55lbs, this one is right at 20lbs.

If you have any other questions specifically let me know and I'll do my best to answer them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
I found a pic of the owner

This couldn't be further from the truth, no harm in doing things right THE FIRST TIME! He knows he's going to drive the car hard, he trusts us with the work being done to the car, and wants to pick the car up ready for anything! FL isn't quite "around the corner" from Cali if it was to need to come back. If you can afford it, or justify the money spent, no harm in doing everything at once!
Appreciate 0