View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
MegalodonPursuit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i Convertible

Unhappy New wheel fitment for non-M Zs - HELP!

Ok so I bought a set of 19'' forgestar F14s for my 2005 Non-M Z4 w/ sports package. I just totally fell in love with the conical look with the aggressive offsets. But being the overzealous consumer I bought them without doing the proper research for non-M vehicles thinking the fit would be similar...

Right? Wrong!

The sizes I got were 19X8.5 ET 35 Front and 19X10 ET 20 Rear. They came out great except for the fact the rears stick out about 3/4 of an inch outside the fender (which is causing rubbing at the fenders apex)and my camber is already looking a bit more extreme than I want. However, I can live with it as song as I can fix the rubbing issue.

The tires aren't stretched by any means and I know that's a solution but my question is what makes the M model able to handle a 20 offset in the back and not a non-M? I was wondering if I could swap some components to give me that 3/4 of an inch I need. Also, I was wondering if there are any of you out there that have swapped components with other BMW models that aren't Z4s...

If I can fix this then great, otherwise I'm forced to sell the rims, they're just sitting around at the moment. It might turn out better since I was planning to hopefully lower the car in the future and it looks pretty grim with the way things are looking right about now...
Appreciate 0