#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
What else could it be?
Tyres can also be a culprit

Quote:
You are making me second guess myself, but I shouldn't, it's the diff.
Normally you diagnose this stuff with an engine stethoscope (really cheap tool).
So car on the lift, engine running in 1st, slow 1 wheel down and listen to the diff with the stethoscope.

Let's hope it's not your diff, because if it's as bad as you say, some different oil probably is not gonna solve it.
With 32k your diff should be worn in, and I assume your recent oil change is already suited for clutch style LSD's (so it already contains the necessairy friction additives, I believe the LS (limited slip) oil has this)

The only thing I can think of is that because you run your car so little, condensation has been forming inside the diff, and rust has set in on the gears. But not having rust on crownwheel and pinion but having rust on sun gears is not likely.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-10-2024 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0