07-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdolshan View Post
Hi Rick,

I enjoyed your search for Pandemonia. We have a house in Landisburg, PA, although we spend most of our time in Baltimore.

In fact, you were practically in our front yard when you stopped to visit St. Peters Church. We own the property just beyond the cemetery.

I write a weekly op-ed column for the Perry County Times. I often touch on the history of the county. I like the Pandemonia story. I'll have to look into it.

If you're curious about my columns, I invite you to check them out at www.matthewolshan.com.

Thanks for the fun tour of the neighborhood!

Best,

Matthew
Matthew,

How great to have a house in Landisburg! Is it as old as most of the places there?

I'll definitely check out your columns. I find local history fascinating. It's mind-boggling how much has gone on in any given area over the years. I suppose it's not quite like ancient European cities that were built on even older cities, which were built on top of Roman ruins--but it's close enough for me.

Here's a good place to start if you end up researching a Pandemonia story for the Times: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-09/0968778550. I'll look forward to reading more about this once-thriving town.

Rick
Appreciate 0