View Single Post
      04-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
The typical HPDE participant runs 30 minute sessions at most and both the TC Kline and the Ground Control dampers are entirely satisfactory for that type of use. I have used TC Kline double adjustable shocks on my E46M3, which is a heavier car, for one hour sessions in the summer time at Road Atlanta, without any signs of fade or overheating.
The TC Kline and Ground Control setups are all Koni-based shocks which is technology more closely derived from the street side of the equation. They make track capable suspension systems built with street components. It is my understanding that AST, on the other hand, is technology more closely derived from the track side of the equation. They make street capable suspension systems built with track components.

Will the TCK and GC kits function on the track, of course! I run a TCK kit right now and did so on my 330Ci, too, but I think the AST offering will offer a significant bump up in performance and capability.

Note that JRZ does not offer a kit for the Z4M and the Moton kit is universal to all Z4's (not sure how I feel about that) and both are priced at $4000+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
Having said that, another choice in track suspensions for the Z4M would be welcomed by many.
Agreed. So let's get this going!