View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

^ This.

X-pipe removes the resonated stock x-pipe section, and adds some pops/burbles and is as InTgr8 says, deeper and a bit louder. But it's more about sound detail (those pops and burbles).

The Supersprint Sport is more liveable than the RPI IMO. All very subjective, but the RPI is always turned up to 11, whereas this doesn't hit that volume level, and the sound level can be modulated more. When you're on it it's on but when you want it to be there, but a bit more stealth, it can do that too.

If you want something really loud, really always on, and really exotic sounding the RPI is the ticket. I think it would be hard to live with in a daily driver or on longer trips, but then again it's all about what you are looking for, not what I like. It sounds absolutely amazing, but it's the antithesis of stealth.

Have you looked at the results of "Exhaust 'Fest" we ran here last spring? There are sound clips (standing and passing), as well as db levels and subjective commentary that may be quite helpful. Here's a link. While the Diablo I was running at the time came in at about the same DB, the only thing I could hear running through a tunnel with the RPI behind me was the RPI! The tone and higher pitch just overwhelmed the Diablo, which isn't quiet by any means.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-31-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0