02-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #20
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
you should get +-7 for x-pipe alone, not really a resonator or anything like that, the super spring x-pipe diameter is what slow down the flow a bit but is meant to be used with the SS mufflers as well, I see some problems with running other mufflers like stock with that combination.
So you have personal experience running SS X-pipe with stock cans or other aftermarket mufflers?

Because I do, and I can tell you I haven't experienced "problems". In fact it's quite the opposite. No dyno to back me up, but I know what's what and don't let emotions guide what's actually going on. The X-pipe alone has smoothed things out over the rev range, increased the sound a hair, and eliminated the high-rpm 'flat-spot' that was there previous.

As previously stated by Mfanatic... "they can't be completely free flowing otherwise the NA motor won't respond well. So most aftermarket applications still use some kinda resonator or bend/twist/crossover to halt a little bit of flow."

I've heard you say the same thing in 3 different threads, and everyone knows you have a full exhaust system coming to market. However, I'm clearing the air from personal experience.

And OP... No luck necessary. There's an absolute TON of exhaust info throughout Zpost, complete with clips, reviews, install tips etc.
Appreciate 0