Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

DKF Exhaust Systems Official Group Buy

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey Zpost, DKF wanted me to let you know that this exhaust project is still very much alive. DKF ran into some speedbumps that they are in the process of ironing out.

A new time line for the group buy will be introduced once everything is worked out.

If there is a Z4 M in the phoenix area with open flow headers that is willing to do some testing, send me a PM.

Thanks,
Chris

DKF Exhaust System Group Buy:

The Basic Idea:
All of the combinations of DKF components will make similar power (+/- 5%). Then why the abundance of options you ask? (This is the first question I asked)
The answer is simple…SOUND
There is one thing we can all agree on when it comes to exhaust upgrades… maximum performance.
Then there is one thing that almost no one agrees with when it comes to exhaust upgrades… sound.
This is where I believe DKF may have outdone themselves. There are going to be several different resonators, catalytic converters, race pipes and mufflers offered. In the end we should be able to fine tune and find the exact exhaust note we are looking for. For me it will probably be somewhere on the raw motorsport end of the spectrum.

Name:  b.jpg
Views: 3158
Size:  259.8 KB

Side by Side DKF/OEM:

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  258.4 KB
Name:  l.jpg
Views: 3030
Size:  222.7 KB

Finish:
All components have been Jet Hot ceramic coated. Although the finish looks great, the purpose of the ceramic coating goes far beyond appearance.
Short version: The DKF system increased the diameter of the exhaust system to allow for a greater volume of gas to escape. The increased diameter of the exhaust tubing slows the velocity of the exhaust gases; the ceramic coating brings the velocity of the exhaust gases back up to speed. End result; Greater flow and balanced velocity.

Hardware:

With the DKF “Header Back” exhaust system, the connection between the headers and the S-pipe is the only OEM style hardware found. The remaining six connection points utilize racing flanges and racing clamps to optimize flow and limit turbulence.

Name:  pRaceClamps1.jpg
Views: 3064
Size:  392.2 KB
Name:  pRaceClamps2.jpg
Views: 3009
Size:  390.2 KB

Hangers:

-For anyone who has installed exhaust on our cars and worked hard to get the perfect tip alignment, DKF has created a serious solution for this. The hangers allow left to right and up and down adjustment independent of one another. This is a huge improvement when compared to the spherical joint that BWM uses where all alignment relies on the spherical joint and a two bolt flange.

-The hangers have also been designed to dampen and help eliminate drone by using an isolation pad between the hangers and body, isolation mounts between the mufflers and the hangers and isolation washers

-Stainless steel laser welded construction for sereious strength

In a word AWESOME!

Name:  Hang1.jpg
Views: 2983
Size:  320.6 KB
Name:  Hang2.jpg
Views: 2845
Size:  223.0 KB
Name:  Hang3.jpg
Views: 2866
Size:  330.1 KB
Name:  Hang4.jpg
Views: 2855
Size:  342.0 KB

Informative Links:

For more in-depth information on the research that went into the system, see the attached link:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419023

System testing will continue while the group buy is active. For current information regarding system testing, see the attached link:http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612475

Last edited by crfine88; 04-06-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0