03-23-2024, 11:32 AM   #7
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht View Post
Oh that looks perfect for what I'm after...just enough of a drop to fill the unsightly wheel gap. I'd be running my 108 wheels, so rubbing shouldn't be an issue. The inner tire wear is what has me hesitating - I already deal with that on my F10 and I'm actually looking to raise it back up slightly.
Just in going over my receipts and notes, I don’t have a base alignment prior to koni/eibach since mine suffered from the prefacelift rear spring breakage issue and at the time had no intention of modding the car. This is what started me down the rabbit hole. Since bmw pretty much tunes some negative camber from factory in the rear with the eibachs negative camber is -3.16. Fronts went to -1.2. With max on the camber plates that took me on fronts to -3.5.

I'm not sure since I really didn’t need adjustable rears if you can gain some positive back on the rears with adjustable rear camber/control arms but that’d be something to look into if you can reduce how much negative the drop creates. It’s the trade off with the added negative camber aiding in performance during cornering you sacrifice tread wear. So it’s all smiles in corners and wincing at the tire shop.

For the wheel/tire combo you’d be running you really shouldn’t rub the fender liners from just the drop. I ran 235/40/17 azenis 615 k on turbines with a 15mm spacer on the front prior to running the apex I am now with no issues on the turbines.

Last edited by Piper1; 03-23-2024 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 1