View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
The benefit of air to water intercooling is pretty apparent in the higher boost levels; the ESS kit looses boost through all the air to air intercooler piping. G-power uses the same type of air to water (via extra radiator at the front) system as VF. The reason air to water is actually better is because you don't loose boost while still getting cooling. Alternatively, you could do air to air and lose boost, but get better cooling; I'll take the higher boost.
Well but once the water heats up to the temperature of the incoming air, you no longer get any cooling. At that point you might as well not have an intercooler at all.

I feel that with the g-power you don't really need an upgrade path. After a certain point extra power becomes more show than go. Lower boost also means more engine longevity.

Having said all that, I don't like that the ASA blower requires you to pipe it into your engine oil. So all three options have their pros and cons and one has to figure out what is one's usage and goals.