View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
Thanks for the details. That's one expensive track to rent! I guess we're lucky here in Seattle.

ps: I wouldn't think you're in this to make money. In fact, based on the cost figures you give, you should charge a little extra. Club should (target to) make small amount of money at each event to cover future event costs.
Yeah, sorry about that last line. This is the first time I'm organizing an event so it's eye opening how much the cost are associated. I used to think doing this stuff is expensive until I actually saw the breakdown of the cost. It's not a cheap sport.

It's the same reason why Golden Gate can't afford to do events at Sears Point. I believe during the warmer season it's $18,000 a day to rent.

BUT, it (Auto Club Speedway) is a popular track located near a large metropolitan area, within 30 minute drive of most of our customers...If you factor in the fact that local, L.A. people will not need to get a hotel room AND a tank of gas to get to the track, that $325 all of a sudden looks a lot more promising.

Right now, if we get more than 65 customers then we can potentially make a small contribution back to the chapter's operational coffer. That's why I've been on all the boards spamming for the event.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0