01-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
Nuge Design
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 AW CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post

Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor.

Seriously, I have absolutely nothing against Dreyer & Reinbold but I don't see myself ever being able to work a deal with them. I know one of this boards members bought his e86M there but that was after it had sat for 6 months and the price had gone down from $52995 to a market correct value. This was in 2008 and I had just bought my '07 with 4k miles for $14k less! D&R did have a reasonably priced e92 this past year when I was looking but it was older ('08) than I was looking for. The car that I test drove locally was at Carmax, of all places, and thats the one that got me hooked on the DCT.

I found my car at Isringhausen in Sprinfield, IL and I had a good experience there. My car is an '11 fairly loaded up ($78k sticker), 7k miles at the time, and they had it priced at $59.9k. That was about $3k or so under what most dealers were asking around the country. They started at about $37.5k difference. I wanted around $25k for my car and to pay $58k for theirs so countered with $33k. Cue, the Sales Manager to explain to me for 15 minutes why that was impossible. I thanked them for their time and started to get up to leave and thats when we started negotiating for real. Ended up at a diff of $35k which was realistic for trade value of my car and still a discount off their asking price. I love working car deals
Nate2046,
I just about had a heart attack when I read this post as I recently traded my '11 AW e92 to Isringhausen. But based on your description, it's not mine. As a shameless plug, I have a bunch of aftermarket items for sale at this link. I'll work with you on numbers if you have any interest.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785463

330indy,
I've had two really good experiences with D&R. Really depends on your sales person I suppose. I would highly recommend Dave Lazerov. Also, and more on topic, I still have my M Roadster and the difference between that the e92 M3 is pretty huge. Let's just say you won't be board with the M3. Yes it's bigger and heavier... but it's another level of fun for sure. It'd be cool if you could find one to test drive. I could almost go out on a limb and say you don't need to... I'd vote for a manual as I like the evolvement. The DTC is amazing... kinda like a video game and I was afraid I'd get bored with it over the long haul.

They are both great cars, but if I could only have one, I'd go with the e9X M3.
Good luck!
Appreciate 1
G80indy1714.00