04-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #137
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
I ran with super sports which are kind of grippy at temp. But I was definitely getting abs to kick in if i was braking too abruptly. I started to avoid this by braking in a more modular fashion instead of romping on the pedal. The like to be pressed firmer a pedal travel increases.

I held off on rcomps for a while. I thinnnk I should get a set now. Currently hinting down some 18" apex arc-8's

Are you also of the opinion that our cars don't need bbk's? It's weird how well they do with pads and good brake fluid.

Pardon typos. On ipwn.
Same experience with the 60s. Pretty easy to modulate once you get used to them. Torque is do much higher no need to really go very deep with the pedal compared to street pads.

BBK has more heat capacity (rotor size), better pedal feel, and easy as pie to swap pads. The later being the biggest plus--at least I think do every time I swap pads. Just tired of it. But in terms of being a good braking system with good capacity, outside of Porsche, these are damn good brakes. Floating rotors FTW and size. Pretty darn good. With pads, lines, fluid they do quite well. Ducting can take it to another level I think.

Last edited by Finnegan; 04-21-2013 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0