Thread: HPDE musings
View Single Post
      04-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #134
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

So I did 2 very hard days at VIR this last mon-tues. I just wanted to post up about my DTC-60 impressions. I was on the fence between ht10 and dtc60.

I know VIR full quite well, so there was no holding back in the 2 days i was there. I was very hard on the brakes on the front and back straights...and turn 4. These are the turns where I would repeatedly give firm presses of the brake lap after lap. I got zero fading, no difference in feel, very predictable....and dare I say a more friendly (linear and predictable)initial bite than the HP+ I ran the month prior at summit point?

I know tony said the ht10 were like an on off switch. I haven't given them a try yet, but I do feel like the hp+ was like that as well, while inspiring less confidence on full braking.

I drove to and from the track with these on and they're pretty liveable? They don't dust or squeal as much as the hp+..and dust comes off nicely with a pressure washer. I thought the hp+ dust was much worse.

So nothing but praise for these. I would like to try another pad just to see what it's like, but I have a feeling that dtc-60 has set a good standard for what I want in a pad.

Cheers