View Single Post
      04-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #42
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
Thanks for that. I did think about offering it to someone. I do realize I'm a nube and the car has way more potential than what I'm able to do out there. I have seen many posts that suspension upgrades can make a big difference. My indy shop owner told me I need 2-3 years driving the car and working on my DRIVER MODS before I should worry about anything else. I want the car at it's full potential. But I truly know that my seat time and education is THE most important thing. Thanks for "steering" me in the proper direction in going to school. Mom was a lifetime grade school teacher and I know that the knowledge mod is very important. I think once I saw my smushed OEM engine mount, I feel like the car could use some refreshing in things like bushings and the like. Hey at least I'm not wanting to go right into performance upgrades...I love the way the car feels

This AX I was 70th out of 104 timed RAW, which is better than last time by far. I think that running without the DSC will help me really take the car to more of it's potential limits as well.
Your indy is a smart man! By all means do the maintenance work to keep the car reliable. While suspension mods give the car more capability, they don't necessarily make it easier to drive to use that capability. It's actually possible to spend a lot of money on suspension bits and go backwards until you develop the skills to make the setup adjustments and get a feel for where the edges are.
To be really quick on an autocross course you need to be able to run between 10/10 and 11/10 of the adhesion limits of the car. DSC is designed to keep you at about 9/10 max. Pretty much everyone gets quicker when they turn it off.